Friday, May 14, 2010

Region Manager Message

Is it really June already? As another ARMA year comes to a close and I finish my first term as Region Manager, I find myself reflecting back.

I remember how nervous I was when I started out two years ago. Talk about feeling like you’re stranded on an island! Fortunately I have been blessed to be surrounded by great people on the Region Team. That’s made all the difference. So to Fran Blaylock, Jennifer Winkler, Cindy Fredrickson, Deb Martin, Andrea Bettger, and Denise Simons, thank you so much for making this guy look good. And thank you to all of the Chapter Presidents and leaders who have been so great as well. I don’t know if I can find the words to tell all just how great you are.

Ours is, perhaps, the smallest region in ARMA. But we are mighty and very well respected. And that’s due to the dedication and hard work that all of you do. As the chapters all go about acknowledging and thanking the efforts of our members, please allow me to add my thanks to everyone for all you do for ARMA, our region, our chapters, and our profession. YOU are the heart of the Great Northwest Region. While others are struggling a bit, our heart is beating strong!

This time of year is always bittersweet. As we come to the end of the year, we also come to the end of terms of office for many. So it is with some sadness that the Region Team bids farewell to two of our members.

Cindy Fredrickson has done a great job as our Region Treasurer the past two years. I will miss having her on the team. I rather doubt, though, that she will miss me calling her to ask “Do we have money for…” or worse, “I think I lost my receipt”. Thanks for bearing with me, CL.

Deb Martin has served the Great Northwest Region for many years now. Those of you who are new may not know, but Deb was our first official Region Manager. She has been a valuable resource for me and has served admirably the past two years as our Director of Marketing. Thank you Deb.

The sweetness comes in welcoming new members to the Region Team. As you can see, we have two openings. If you are interested, please e-mail me!

Our 2010 Leadership Conference is just around the corner, June 11-12 in Bellevue. Although they are our primary focus, Leadership isn’t just for those on the Boards. It’s for any of our members who want to learn new leadership skills! There is still time to register! Check our website for details.

This has been another great year. We attended a number of excellent chapter programs. We attended a fantastic ARMA Conference in Orlando where we cheered our lungs out for our Medium and Large Newsletter-of-the-Year winners, The Boise Valley Chapter and the Oregon Chapter. We held a very successful Region Conference in April. And we welcomed new members, made new friends, and had a lot of fun! Good job everyone!!

Have a wonderful summer and we’ll see you in the fall. 

Very truly yours,

 

Marc J. Simpson, Manager

Great Northwest Region

ARMA International

 

No comments: