Friday, January 27, 2012

Region Message - February 2012

It’s Region Conference time! Or very close to it. By now the brochure for the region conference should have worked its way to your inbox or mailbox. I hope you will be able to join us in Boise, Idaho for this fantastic educational opportunity. This is also a great opportunity for networking with fellow RIM professionals. Mingle with peers at the Welcome Party, talk cloud storage at dinner on Monday night or commiserate on your SharePoint implementation during the breaks! For more information please see the Great Northwest Region website at: http://www.armagreatnorthwest.org/. And if the conference isn’t enough reason to travel to Boise, visit http://www.boise.org/visitors/ and learn about some of the cool things to see and do in Boise (I adore zoos and aquariums so I think you’ll know where to find me during our off-time!).


ARMA has a lot going on right now; there are several webinars available at the webpage as well as whitepapers on Information Governance. If one of your New Year’s resolutions was to learn more about a specific RIM topic for use at your workplace, ARMA is a great place to start researching. One of our work plan items for the City Records Management Program is to review GARP and how our program stacks up to the principles. I’m hoping it will help show us where we should concentrate on improving services to City employees and educational opportunities for staff.

This February marks one year since I was diagnosed with breast cancer and started a fight I never thought I would be in. I’m happy to say that all recent blood work came back clear and all seems to be fine, so I’ll be around in ARMA for while more! My ARMA family was a big help and support to me and my family during the past year of chemo and radiation. From notes of support, to your donations to the Overlake Cancer Center, to the three wonderful gentlemen (Marc, Bruce and Dave) who offered up their heads to be shaved as a fundraiser, it truly meant a lot to me. I’m so glad to be a part of ARMA and a part of the greatest region: Great Northwest!

Hope to see all of you in Boise in March!

Sincerely,

Jennifer Winkler

Region Coordinator

No comments: