Thursday, January 14, 2010

Expanding from global to local: looking for opportunities

Hi everyone, my name is Michael Hoyle. I am a Seattle resident and a consultant in records information management. Until recently my records and archives management activities have been primarily internationally focused, but I would like to expand and work locally as well. Consequently I am interested in any local consulting opportunities and would be very interested to meet with local records professionals.

I have over twenty years experience working in records and archives management. I am a consultant and a research associate of the UK based International Records Management Trust. Since early 2005 I have undertaken global research, training and information management projects. This has involved case study research and the provision of records information management advice in various countries, the development of guidance materials for information systems and the co-production and presentation of training modules for electronic records.

Prior to moving to Seattle in 2005, I was the Group Manager, Government Recordkeeping at Archives New Zealand with national responsibilities for strategic policy, legislation, standards, and disposition. I have a Masters degree in Information Management and Systems from Monash University in Australia.

I specialize in, but I am not limited to, work in government sectors including:

  • Information research and project management
  • Strategic planning and policy development for information management
  • Evaluation and review of records and archives management
  • Recordkeeping training and staff development

If you are interested in meeting, or are aware of any agency requiring work in any of these areas, I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you.

Further details about me can be found at www.michael-hoyle.com

I can be contacted at info@michael-hoyle.com or call 206 245 6114

No comments: