Friday, March 18, 2011

Region Message for April

We did it! In February, we held our first region-wide webcast program. Did you attend? Or did you listen to the recording at a later time perhaps? Either way, it was great. Members from every one of our chapters from Alaska to Oregon, Bellevue to Boise were in attendance! The task to produce the whole event was no small undertaking indeed. Speer-headed by Committee Chair Alex Acevedo and GNW Communications Director Denise Simons, the committee, which included representatives from each chapter, put in a good deal of time and talent to making it all possible. And let us not forget Ember Krumwied for her great presentation on GARP. It is amazing what can happen when a talented group of people work together towards a goal.

But webcasts, monthly programs, conferences, even our very chapters don’t happen without people who are willing to volunteer. We need you! Why volunteer, you ask? Why not? I have been saying this for years and I will go on saying it. The more you put into your ARMA involvement, the more you will get out of it. I have never been paid either on the chapter or the region level for my sixteen plus years of service to ARMA. But I have been richly rewarded. I have gained knowledge, skills, credentials, and lifelong friends. I urge you to volunteer in you chapter!
Our annual Great Northwest Leadership Conference is only a few months away. This year we will be in Portland, Oregon, June 3rd and 4th. More details will be coming soon, but I can assure you, this is one you don’t want to miss. Mark your calendars now!

Every year, I open the Leadership Conference with “Good Morning GREATEST Northwest Region!” I truly believe that. We may not be the biggest region. In fact, I think we may be the smallest. But through planning, innovation, and great volunteers and members like you, we really do lead the way. Believe me when I tell you this, Region Managers do like to brag a bit about their regions. You all give me so much to brag about.

Marc

Marc J. Simpson, Manager
Great Northwest Region
ARMA International

No comments: